The factors that were considered include:
• Protecting electronic patient health information (ePHI) and using HIPAA-compliant communication system standards
• Communicating securely with any type of mobile device in the organization’s directory
• Integration with third-party mobile applications and multiple mobile device management (MDM) solutions
• Access to the latest on-call schedules to reach the right individual or role
• Allow sending of images and videos along with text
• Audit trails to log the sending or receiving of communications.